Helping children overcome developmental challenges in their speech, language, learning and attention.
Who do we provide a service for?
- Attention difficulties, including Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Autism Spectrum Disorder
- High Function Autism
- Sensory processing difficulties
- Developmental Delay
- Selective mutism
- Movement disorders and fine motor skill delay
- Global Developmental Delay
- Cognitive deficits
- Learning disorders
- Cerebral Palsy
- Down's Syndrome
- Voice disorders
- Acquired Brain Injury
- Hearing impairment
- Auditory Processing Disorder
Importance of Speech Therapy
- Early intervention is optimal for the remediation of a speech or language delay
- By Nursery/Reception age a child’s speech should be comprehensible to unfamiliar adults greater than 90% of the time
- Literacy development relies on phonemic and phonological awareness, which is facilitated by sound awareness
The impact of not tackling speech delayed can affect:
- Emotional development
- Literacy and Numeracy
- Mental Health
Is it right for my child?
- Fun and Modern Approach: By utilising fun and engaging digital technology, Video Therapy is exceptionally child - friendly. Today’s children are comfortable with technology and love using interactive digital game-based activities.
- Regularity: Children benefit from continual and regular therapy sessions.
- Flexibility: Book therapy sessions to suit your life
- Environment: For shy and more reserved children, video therapy is less intimidating then traditional face-to-face therapy from the comfort of their home.
- Parent/Carer Involvement: Video Therapy provides the capacity to remotely log in to recorded sessions for later reference or to be part of the real-time session -allowing parents or carers to observe their interaction and progress.
- Stress free: Our Video - Therapy sessions are managed from the comfort of your home to eliminate the stress of travel or organising childcare for other children.
What to expect?
- Therapy session is 30 minutes (led by a Speech and Language professional)
- Delivered through play and fun interactive games
- Focusing on attention and listening
- Helping progress language (following instructions)
- Helping develop and use words and language
How we can help:
- Assessing and identifying difficulties
- Setting individualised targets
- One-to-one Video Therapy sessions
- Group Video Therapy sessions
- Helping to teach different methods of communication
- Report for existing client (extra cost)
- Assessment and detailed report