Equal People Mencap’s Day Opportunities Service supports individual’s with learning disabilities and complex needs (and other vulnerable adults) to have a voice to express themselves and to participate in community life. Our service includes:
1. A Drop-In service Mon-Fri 10-4.30 at our resource centre (73 St Charles Square, Ladbroke Grove, W10 6EJ). We offer support, advice, sign-posting and support to access and liaise with appropriate services as well as a private space to have meetings, and a safe place to see friends, relax, have healthy food and try out new activities or learn new skills.
2. A varied and member-led choice of supported activities running throughout the week. Examples include:
• Cook & Taste (2 groups)
• Current Affairs
• Music and Music Therapy (for people with complex needs)
• Hear My Voice Voting/Election group
• Sunday Social Club
• Employment group
• Understanding money group
• Out & About Group; and
• Theatre Trips - Members have performed at The Tabernacle and Chelsea Theatre and put on an art exhibition. 3. Thursday Club – An evening social group running 7pm-9pm every Thursday (transport to and from is provided). Current members choose to do karaoke, art, dancing, board games and to catch up with their friends over a snack and tea or soft drinks. 4. Café & Market Stall - Equal People Mencap run a Café at the Dalgarno Community Trust on Thursdays and a market stall on Portobello Green on Fridays. This is an opportunity for paid employment and training in catering and running a shop/stall.