Yarrow’s Supported Living service offers individual packages of care and support in a variety of settings in London. Flat and house shares are available for between 2 and 7 people, as depending on the property. Compatibility between people living together is carefully considered.
We also support people living in their individual flats. Staff support ranges from 24 hours 7 days a week to just a few hours, depending on the individual’s needs. Most of our properties are fully accessible and some include specialist equipment such as hoists. Each individual’s package will include a person centred plan and a health action plan. People are supported to access and become part of the local community and to take advantage of the rich resources that the Borough has to offer its citizens. These include:
- Leisure activities e.g. swimming, going out for a meal, cinema, using local cafes, visits to museums and parks, etc.
- Developing employment and volunteering opportunities; and
- Education, colleges, libraries, etc. People are supported to develop everyday living skills, such as:
- Shopping using pictorial shopping lists
- Managing money/Budgeting
- Food preparation including food hygiene and cooking
- Cleaning and laundry
- Personal hygiene
- Using public transport
- Travel training
Improving communication skills, this also provides opportunities for individuals to make friends and widen their social networks. Our aim is enhancing people’s quality of life, strengthening their independence and helping them to flourish.
We support people to develop their skills and confidence that will enable them to achieve greater personal independence. Ensuring the natural integration of people with learning disabilities into mainstream life as equal and valued citizens is central to our approach.