Westgate Terrace is a Supported Living Service providing 24 hour support to individuals with a learning disability and/or a mental health diagnosis through a person centred approach. The aim of the service is to provide a safe and homely environment that promotes empowerment, independence and choice, whilst enhancing our tenants’ daily living skills, enabling individuals to move on to a less supported setting if it is their wish to do so. Individuals within the service are registered under CQC Domiciliary Care Service.
Aims & Objectives
- To provide support that is tailored to each tenant’s individual needs, empower tenants to lead as independent a life as possible.
- To provide services that is anti-discriminatory.
- To provide a service that takes into account tenant’s preferences, wishes, personal circumstances and individual abilities.
- To provide our tenants with support of the highest quality within their own home environment.
How do we achieve these objectives?
- By working to an individual plan of support that has been agreed with the tenant.
- By working with tenants to promote and, where possible, increase their independence.
- By treating all tenants with dignity and respect
- By encouraging tenants to be involved in the development of the service.
- By ensuring that support is provided by trained and competent staff.
- By supporting tenants to access all community services available to them.
- By welcoming input and support from individuals families and friends in achieving their dreams and wishes.