B.S.L Community Specialist Parenting Services, supports families associated with Deafness; Deaf Parents with hearing children, and Hearing Parents with Deaf children, who experience significant barriers in developing appropriate parenting skills and capacity.
Lack of Accessible Service Provisions
B.S.L Community's Specialist Parenting Service provides direct parenting support to Deaf Families. We work with Deaf parents and parents with Deaf children living in London, Kent and the South East of England. Our aim is to meet the needs of ‘Deaf families’ by working to improve parenting capacity and access to information, advice and support.
We offer the following services:
- Information, Advice and Guidance helpline via email.
- Parenting Workshops for Deaf Families.
- 1-1 tailored parenting support (through home visits and/or contact centres)
- Deaf Family Groups & Events
- Deaf Parenting Awareness Training for Service Professionals