We understand the impact that alcohol misuse can have on families, friends, and loved ones and we know the struggles faced by those caring for a loved one who is dependent on alcohol or drugs.
We recognise that in order to help people in their recovery from alcohol, it is vital to also support the people around them.
Our Family & Carer Service provides advice and support to family members, friends, and carers and also seeks to involve family members in their loved one’s treatment
The service is free and confidential for anyone (aged 18 or over) living in Westminster, Kensington & Chelsea or Hammersmith & Fulham.
What we offer
- Assessment of your specific needs
- Advice and information about alcohol
- One-to-one support sessions to explore the impact someone else’s alcohol use may be having on your own life, and to develop strategies to manage this
- Support groups to meet, befriend and learn from others in similar situations
- Counselling to discuss issues that have affected your life
- Practical support to develop the '5 ways to Wellbeing'
- Workshops to increase knowledge and confidence around specialist subjects such as stress management and conflict resolution
- Partnership working with Children & Family services
- Access to Education, Training & Employment to learn new skills, share skills and increase confidence
- Referrals to other services
For more information, please download our flyer.
If you would like to receive support from the service, you can also download our referral form.