About the CSPAN inclusive sub-group
The CSPAN inclusive sport and physical activity sub-group was established in September 2013. Is is building on the work delivered by the Disability Sub-Group.
The aim is to develop the strategy for providing inclusive sport and physical activity.
What the group does
The main objectives for the group are to:
- encourage and support people in the borough who have a disability or impairment.
- allow people to get more involved in sport and physical activity, and to increase opportunities.
- identify and support clubs, facilities and providers to become more inclusive and accessible
- support partners' existing priorities and targets within one joined up plan based on local needs
How the group works
Within the inclusive sub-group, we:
- work together on specific funding opportunities
- share information and ensure all members receive regular updates on news and events
- offer expert advice to organisations and projects in the borough