The role of the Organiser, the Councils and Event Partners
The event is organised and managed by Notting Hill Carnival Ltd, part of Carnival Village Trust, based at The Tabernacle in K&C and The Yaa Centre in Westminster.
NHCL is responsible for the event content and infrastructure and works with their appointed stewarding contactor to deliver the event safely.
Role of the Councils
The role of the two Councils - Kensington and Chelsea and City of Westminster – is:
- To make sure street traders at Carnival meet the necessary safety and legal standards.
- To pick up litter, clean the streets and get the area back to normal as soon as practically possible after Carnival.
- To provide toilets for the event where possible.
- To agree permission for music to be played during the event and monitor noise levels.
- To support the management of traffic around the area
To ensure the event is safe and successful, the following strategic partner organisations all play a crucial role in the event panning delivery:
- British Transport Police (BTP)
- Greater London Authority (GLA)
- London Ambulance Service (LAS)
- London Borough of Brent (LBB)
- London Fire Brigade (LFB)
- Mayor’s Office for Policing and Crime (MOPAC)
- Metropolitan Police Service (MPS)
- NHS England (NHS)
- Notting Hill Carnival Limited (NHCL) and its agents
- St John’s Ambulance (SJA)
- Transport for London (TfL)
- Westminster City Council (WCC).