Following a public consultation in 2008 the Royal Borough of Kensington and Chelsea developed plans for a scheme of improvement works to Little Wormwood Scrubs. In 2009 the Royal Borough also celebrated the announcement that it had won additional funding for Little Wormwood Scrubs as part of The Mayor of London’s Priority Parks Scheme. This scheme gave every Londoner the opportunity to vote for a park which they felt needed help to improve facilities. This award has allowed us to expand and enhance the previously planned improvement project.
The work that began in September 2009 has now finished.
Improvements made to the site include:
- resurfacing of the footpaths
- restoration and replacement of the perimeter railings
- new benches and picnic tables
- over 50 new trees planted
- the creation of an ornamental dog free garden
- an outdoor gym
- improvements to the scrub and meadow areas
- a new works yard to allow the site to be staffed during daylight hours
- provision of public toilets including a changing places facility