Start or grow your business
Our Business Information Point at Kensington Central Library offers practical advice on how to set up or stay in business. This includes:
- finding new contacts to develop your company
- creating a mailing list
- researching the latest information
- free access to a wide range of books on business and finance
- business-related journals and online resources
We have two key database subscriptions:
- Fame has comprehensive information on both public and private companies across the UK and Ireland. It helps you research individual companies, search for companies with specific profiles, and do detailed analysis.
Fame is only available at Kensington Central Library. Please ask a member of staff for assistance.
- COBRA is a business reference adviser that provides up-to-date information and business ideas to help you start your own businesses.
COBRA is available in the library or remotely using your library card number.
Events and workshops
The library hosts free workshops and networking events about setting up and running a business. The events:
- provide opportunities to meet and learn from successful business owners in your industry
- explore understand current risks, challenges and possibilities.
Read about upcoming business events on the Special events for adults page.
Helping you plan your career
The library also hosts weekly free careers advice sessions run by National Careers Service advisors.
Find out about our careers advice sessions.
If you have any questions or want to find out more, get in touch: