A class visit is an opportunity to join the library and find out what is on offer so that children will be motivated to return out of school hours with their family.
The aim of class visits is to encourage independent use and ensure that children are confident to use the service without a teacher.
What we offer:
- a fun introductory visit to the library
- enthusiastic staff
- the first opportunity some children will have to visit a public library
- promote and encourage a love of reading
- find out about Chatterbooks, our reading groups for children
- promote libraries online resources and e books
- opportunity for children to borrow books
- support language and literacy development
- promote the development of citizenship
How to arrange a class visit
If you would like to book a visit or for further information please contact your nearest library on:
- tel: 020 7361 3010
- or email Libraries Information