Careers advice workshops
We run free career and CV advice sessions at three of our libraries:
- Kensington Central Library
- Brompton Library
- Chelsea Library
The 45-minute sessions are run by qualified and impartial careers advisers from the National Career Service. They can help you:
- identify key strengths and skills
- explore career options
- search and apply for jobs
- write your CV and complete application forms
- improve your interview technique
They can also help you:
- understand the London job market
- search for courses and training schemes
- find funding to support your learning
- explore volunteering opportunities
The National Careers Service is publicly funded and all of their services are free of charge.
Book an appointment
To book an appointment at a library, call the National Careers Service London Contact Centre on 020 3714 8350.
For advice over the phone or in other languages, including Polish, French and Spanish:
- call the National Careers Helpline on 0800 100 900
- visit the National Careers Service website
How to prepare
Before you arrive, think about:
- what do you want to get out of the session?
- what career or job do you want?
- do you need advice about career change?
- do you have any paid, voluntary or apprenticeship work experience?
- what qualifications or training do you have?
- do you have any transferable skills from hobbies or volunteering?
- what's holding you back?
If you have them, bring to your session:
- your CV
- education certificates
- job vacancies that interest you
After your session
Your adviser will email you a personalised careers and skills action plan. Your plan includes:
- a summary of what you discussed and agreed during your session
- a tailored career plan
The National Careers Service will stay in contact with you up to one year after your first appointment to make sure you are still receiving support and to check on your progress.
The sessions are 45 minutes to an hour long and are held on Thursdays and Fridays at three of our libraries:
|Library||Day and time||Dates|
|Kensington Central Library||Every Thursday, 10am to 4.45pm|
|Chelsea Library||Friday, 9.30am to 4.30pm|
Friday 6 and 27 March 2020
Friday 3 and 24 April 2020
Friday 1, 22 and 29 May 2019
Friday 5 and 26 June 2020
Friday 3, 24 and 31 July 2020
Friday 7 and 28 August 2020