Our online publishing policy
Please keep your contributions civil, tasteful and relevant.
We reserve the right not to publish any individual contribution we receive, or to edit contributions, particularly where they are repetitive or contravene our publishing policy set out below. The Royal Borough of Kensington and Chelsea’s decision is final.
We will not publish:
- messages that are unlawful, not truthful, insulting, harassing, defamatory, abusive, threatening, harmful, obscene, profane, sexually explicit or racially offensive
- any comments we believe could lead to court action including defamatory comments, comments that risk prejudicing on-going or forthcoming court proceedings or which break a court injunction
- any comments which contravene restrictions on local government resources being used for party political purposes
- any comments which incite people to commit any crime, including incitement of racial hatred
- comments which contravene the Council’s own anti-discrimination policies.
Please do not:
- send us content to which you do not own the copyright
- make multiple postings on any single topic - we welcome your views but would like to include comments from as many different people as possible
- use bad or intemperate language – it will be edited out
- send us personal information about yourself or anyone else - it is not acceptable to publish your or anyone else's contact details including address, place of employment, name of educational establishment, telephone or mobile number, email address, etc. This is for your own safety and that of everyone who uses this service
- send us advertising or promotional materials
- use this page to contact the Council regarding a service we provide or to make a complaint – please write to the relevant department
- use this page as a contact point for feedback to Council officers or councillors. Please see Contact Us page for more information.
By sending us your views, you agree to grant Royal Borough a perpetual, royalty-free, right to use, reproduce and modify your contribution. If you do not wish to grant such rights you should not submit your contribution to this site.
By submitting your contribution to this site, you also indemnify Royal Borough against all legal fees, damages and other expenses that may be incurred by the Council as a result of publishing your contribution.
We reserve the right to edit contributions before publication.
About your privacy
We will publish your name but not your contact details or email address.
In addition to posting your views on our website, we may also publish them in our newspaper Royal Borough or other council publications.
We will comply with the 1998 Data Protection Act.
Be aware that in exceptional circumstances, such as where your contributions breach the law, we could be legally obliged to reveal your identity to the authorities.
The views of the public published on the Royal Borough of Kensington and Chelsea’s website are those of the individual contributor and should in no way be taken as representing the views of the Council or as implying the Council’s support for or endorsement of the views expressed.