We are committed to creating more cycle routes for people who want to cycle in the area, particularly those who want to avoid some of the busier, highly trafficked main roads.
We want our cycle routes to:
- encourage more people to cycle
- provide more clear, direct routes along quiet side streets
Our new routes will follow Transport for London’s cycle network quality criteria. This avoids or introduces interventions on roads where:
- there are more than 500 motor vehicles per hour during peak periods
- vehicle speeds exceed 25 mph (85% percentile)
- the proportion of Heavy Goods Vehicles (HGVs) are more than 2% of all vehicles
We completed Phase 1 of cycle routes in 2017.
In October 2018 we consulted on the Kensington High Street to Shepherd’s Bush route, our first route of Phase 2. This route will be constructed from February 2019.
We are currently consulting on our Pembridge Square to Meanwhile Gardens route.
Quietway cycle routes
Read more about quietway cycle routes.