Tree applications and decisions

Tree applications and decisions

Most tree work will require you to make an application for approval before carrying it out. You will always require permission to work on a tree if the trunk has a diameter greater than 75mm (measured at 1.5 metres above the ground), and is growing in a Conservation Area or is covered by a Tree Preservation Order (TPO).

Complete the following form to apply for tree works to trees subject to a Tree Preservation Order or located in a conservation area. There is no charge to submit a tree works application.

Application for Tree Works [PDF file] (file size 230Kb)

Tree Decisions

You can search for tree applications and decisions for works using the Council's main search page. The search results will return applications registered since May 2004.

Development work is being undertaken so you can specifically search against Tree applications rather than filter against the search results. This will be completed in the summer of 2015.

Search for tree applications in the main planning search.

You may comment on applications by email, quoting the planning application number, to In all communications, please ensure that you quote the reference number of the application you are writing about.