08 August 2017
The Mayor of London is encouraging residents with older, inefficient or broken boilers to have them replaced for free. If you are an owner-occupier and receive one of the qualifying benefits you have until Thursday 31 August to apply.
The Mayor's Better Boilers scheme, has provided hundreds of Londoners with average energy bill savings of around £150 per household, among other benefits such as improved local air quality and reducing risk of carbon monoxide leaks.
To apply for the scheme, you must be in receipt of one of the following benefits:
• Pension Credit
• Child Tax Credit (and your income is £16,010 or less)
• Working Tax Credit (and your income is £16,010 or less)
• Income Support
• Income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance
• Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
• Universal Credit (and you earned £1,250 or less after tax in any assessment period in the past 12 months)
Full details can be found at www.london.gov.uk/what-we-do/housing-and-land/improving-quality/better-boilers