The Dinosaur Discovery Trail
What is the Dinosaur Discovery Trail?
Created to celebrate Walk to School Week (21-25 May 2018), the Dinosaur Discovery Trail encouraged families in the borough to get out and about exploring their local area on foot, while searching for dinosaurs hidden in different locations.
Winners and runners-up
Thank you to everyone who took part in this year’s Dinosaur Discovery Trail, we hope you enjoyed it. The prize draw is now complete and three runners-up and one overall winner were drawn at random. The runners-up are Michael from Hill House School, Maggie from Knightsbridge School and Elmer from Marlborough Primary School, who all receive a goody bag. The overall winner is Clara from Chepstow House School, who gets a scooter! All prize winners and their schools have been notified. Congratulations to all of this year’s winners!
There were prizes to be won too including three runner-up prizes on offer, and if you managed to visit all 32 dinosaur locations (including the Portobello Runaway Dinosaur) you could have won a scooter!
We created a map which you could use to find the dinosaurs with your family and friends. You could download the official adventure map and view it on your smartphone or print a copy:
You could also use the Google map below:
Everyone who took part and returned their completed maps to us received a dinosaur badge and was entered into a draw for three runner-up prizes, and if you managed to visit all 32 dinosaur locations you could have won win a scooter.
All you had to do was:
- Find at least five dinosaurs during the two weeks of 14-27 May 2018 using the map
- Answer the questions about them (the answers could be found at the locations)
- Send your answers back to us:
- Drop your completed maps into the boxes provided at participating schools and libraries (remembering to fill out your contact details so we know where to send the badges)
- Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with your answers
- Fill in the online entry form
- Or post completed maps to the Sustainable Travel Team, The Royal Borough of Kensington and Chelsea, 37 Pembroke Road, London W8 6PW.
All entries should have been received by Friday 1 June 2018. Winners were notified soon after.