To return to the previous page press the 'Back' button in your browser.
A view of Tite Street
Composer Peter Warlock lived at 30 Tite Street from 1928 to 1930. His house can be seen on the left of this postcard view, close to the junction with Royal Hospital Road. It was here that he was found dead from coal-gas poisoning in 1930. The large house on the right is Shelly Court and opposite on the right the original White House designed by Edwin Godwin for Whistler can be seen. The rest of the eastern side of the road is occupied by the Victoria Hospital for Children, now demolished and replaced by the convent of St Winifred and a nursing home.
Copyright: the Royal Borough of Kensington and Chelsea Libraries (RBKC Libraries)
Location of original: Chelsea postcards
Every effort has been made to seek permission to reproduce those images whose copyright does not reside with The Royal Borough of Kensington and Chelsea, and we are grateful to the individuals and institutions who have assisted in this task. Any omissions are entirely unintentional, and the details should be addressed to Virtual Museum Team, The Royal Borough of Kensington and Chelsea.