To return to the previous page press the 'Back' button in your browser.
King's Road in 2006
The King's Road, Chelsea is one of the most famous thoroughfares in London. This photograph was taken at the junction with Old Church Street in 2006. The King's Road was opened to the public in 1830. Old Church Street, which runs from The Fulham Road to the River, is one of the oldest roads in the Royal Borough. The Cadogan Arms was built in 1869 on the site of the old Rose and Crown. The lower building behind the pub is probably part of the original pub. The white arrows on the road show the starting point of the Chelsea Trail.
Location of original: VM CD
Copyright: J W Rogers
Every effort has been made to seek permission to reproduce those images whose copyright does not reside with The Royal Borough of Kensington and Chelsea, and we are grateful to the individuals and institutions who have assisted in this task. Any omissions are entirely unintentional, and the details should be addressed to Virtual Museum Team, The Royal Borough of Kensington and Chelsea.