To return to the previous page press the 'Back' button in your browser.
Earl's Court Manor House in 1867
This photograph of Earl's Court Manor House was taken in 1867 by Dr. Arthur Roberts shortly before it was demolished. Old Manor Yard, next to Earl's Court station, is the only reminder of this once important building. Erected in the 1790s it replaced an earlier building. It was occupied by the Hutchins family, tenants of Earl's Court farm for several generations. It was here that the Lords of Manor's stewards held their court and delivered their judgements, the last recorded in 1856.
Location of original: From Kensington AR (LHRS)
Copyright: the Royal Borough of Kensington and Chelsea Libraries(RBKC Libraries)
Every effort has been made to seek permission to reproduce those images whose copyright does not reside with The Royal Borough of Kensington and Chelsea, and we are grateful to the individuals and institutions who have assisted in this task. Any omissions are entirely unintentional, and the details should be addressed to Virtual Museum Team, The Royal Borough of Kensington and Chelsea.