||The Volunteer Centre aims to champion rewarding volunteering opportunities and promote volunteering as a force for change and social good.
Our goal is to promote volunteering opportunities that have a positive impact on volunteers, charities and the community. WE think that getting involved in the community makes people feel better about themselves and others. We also think that our local charities can grow and become stronger through the support that volunteers provide.
What we do
●We connect volunteers with organisations that need help.
● We provide advice and guidance, including courses, for organisations in good practice in managing and supporting their volunteers.
● We run a back to work job club helping people with job search skills.
● We organise events, conferences, training and forums to promote positive volunteer management.
● We work in partnership with other volunteer-based projects in the borough and across London to promote high quality volunteering opportunities.
● We run recruitment campaigns on behalf of local organisations.
● We raise awareness of volunteering throughout the borough as an activity that everyone can get involved with.
● We champion volunteering at higher strategic levels ensuring volunteering is a key part of government planning.
Volunteering opportunities include:
Administration, advice and information, art and culture, befriending and mentoring, business management, campaign and lobbying, catering, community work, counselling, drivinf, entertainment and music, finance and fundraising, first aid , gardening and conservation, health and social care, hostel work, IT. languages, legal, marketing, events and PR, national and international, retail and charity shops, teaching and training, trusteeship and governance, youth work.