Refer a friend (exclusive to our approved foster carers)
£500 when you refer a friend to foster
Everyone is talking about it! Be part of our exciting new Refer a Friend Reward Scheme and earn up to £500 within weeks.
If you are a foster carer, adopter or a family-and-friend carer, you will know how personally rewarding it is to help shape a child’s future if their birth family isn’t around for short or long period of time.
So if you are passionate about what you do, and can think of a friend or family member who would be a great foster-carer, why don’t you tell them about our win-win Refer a Friend Reward Scheme? You could receive up to £500 for every person you refer and supplement your income and the best part is that there won’t be a long delay for payments.
Here is how it works:
1. Share the good news with people you think would be fab carers
Tell your friend or relative about how rewarding it is to be a foster carer in the boroughs of Hammersmith & Fulham, Royal Borough of Kensington and Chelsea and Westminster City Council and why you think that they would make such a great candidate. Please make sure you only refer people who meet the basic criteria:
- they need to be over 21
- live permanently in the UK
- live within the M25 or are willing to foster long-term
- would pass a criminal record check (DBS check)
- have a spare room (exceptions can be made for some individuals with skills such as childcare, nursing, and working with children with disabilities and complex needs)
2. Ask the person you have nominated to phone the Fostering hotline on freephone 0800 169 3497 or 020 8753 1057
They will have an initial discussion and if successful we will book a home visit with a social worker. The person you are referring will also need to give your name to the assessing social worker so that you can receive your Refer a Friend cash reward accordingly.
Lines are open Monday to Friday between 9.30am and 5pm.
3. If they meet the criteria, the person you have recommended will receive a home-visit from a member of our Fostering team
If they are then selected to enter the assessment process, and they complete and return the application form, you will be given an immediate thank-you gift of £150**.
4. Your friend or relative will then be invited to attend a 3 day Skills to Foster course
Courses are held on a monthly basis. If they are successful and have a clear DBS check, you will receive a further £350 reward** once they complete the assessment and are approved foster carers.
5. Remember - think outside the box
There is no typical foster-carer – they can any age, be married, single or divorced, and be from any religious or cultural background. They also don’t even need to live in the 3 Boroughs. We are looking for a mixture of local foster carers and ones further afield, If someone is over 21 and has the energy, patience and understanding and a spare room in their house, we would love to hear from them.
* Limits and exclusions apply. Rewards cannot exceed £2,500. We reserve the right to withdraw this incentive without notification. All decisions are at the discretion of three councils.