Artists Houses Walking ToursBook tickets
28 January 2024 / Weekly on Sunday and Thursday
Weekly Thursdays & Sundays 11am-12:30pm
Join our free guided walks exploring the unique group of Victorian studio-houses built on Holland Park Road and Melbury Road (Kensington, West London) by the 'Holland Park Circle' of artists, sculptors and architects.
Discover the fascinating story of how this corner of Holland Park became synonymous with a group of leading artists of the late Victorian period, including Val Prinsep, G F Watts, Luke Fildes, Marcus Stone and Leighton himself. Find out why they came to build in this area, the connections between them, what made their houses unique and which leading architects they collaborated with.
- All tours begin and end outside Leighton House, 12 Holland Park Road, London W14 8LZ.
- Please arrive at least 5 minutes before the tour commences. The walk will take approximately an hour and a half.
- Please wear weather-appropriate clothing and comfy footwear.
- Please note entry to Leighton House and Sambourne House is not included in the tour
- This is a free event but we do welcome donations and would be thrilled to have your support (please see option to add a donation when booking your ticket).
"I did the Artists Houses Walking Tour with David, and what a tour it was. I have lived almost 15 years around this area, walked past so many of the houses and never knew why there were so many artists within an enclosed proximity. Now I know, I can educate my sons on our school run."
For updates on all of our upcoming events sign up to our museums e-newsletter
Please contact [email protected] with any enquiries about this event.