We appreciate that this is a very difficult time and the unexpected loss of a loved one due to coronavirus can be particularly distressing. Please visit the Council’s website for information, guidance and advice on deaths, funerals and bereavement.
The Council have also created leaflets for families, children and young people who are grieving and dealing with loss due to coronavirus:
- Helping you with your feelings when someone close to you dies
There are a number of services available to support families, children and young people in the event of a death of a loved one:
- Child Bereavement UK - supports families and educates professionals when a baby or child of any age dies or is dying, or when a child is facing bereavement
- Cruse: Bereavement Care and Grief Encounter - bereavement support for families, children and young people
- Al-Manaar – bereavement support in Arabic or French
- The Compassion Friends - supporting bereaved parents and their families