Adult Social Care Team


Add to shortlist

If you feel you are unable to cope at home, you may be eligible to receive support from the Council.

We will ask you questions to see if your current state of health affects your daily life and common daily tasks. This conversation with you is an ‘assessment’. We use this conversation to determine your needs and whether you are eligible for help from us.

You need to show that:

  • your needs arise from (or are related to) a physical or mental impairment or illness, and
  • the issues you face have a significant impact on your wellbeing, and
  • you are unable to achieve two or more of the following activities:
    • eating and drinking
    • maintaining personal hygiene, e.g washing and bathing
    • managing toilet needs
    • being appropriately clothed
    • being able to make use of your home safely, e.g using the stairs
    • maintaining a habitable home environment, e.g keeping your home clean
    • developing or maintaining family or other personal relationships
    • accessing and engaging in work, training, education or volunteering
    • making use of necessary facilities or services in the local community. This can include public transport and recreational services
    • carrying out caring responsibilities for a child.

A social worker will meet with you to discuss your situation in detail as part of your assessment and see whether you are eligible for help.

All local authorities in the country use the same eligibility criteria to ensure it is fair and impartial no matter where you live.

You can refer yourself or someone else for support from Adult Social Care by completing our online form:

Some of the questions we ask may not be applicable to you, but it’s helpful if you can give us as much information as you can about any problems you’ve been having, or the reason you are contacting us. This will enable us to better help or redirect your referral.

It usually takes about 10 minutes to complete.

Note: Do not use this form if you (or the person you are contacting us about) is in immediate danger, or at risk of being abused or neglected.

If it is an emergency, contact the Police on 999.

Who to contact

0207 373 2227 0207 373 2227
[email protected]

Where to go

Kensington Town Hall
Hornton Street

W8 7NX

View W8 7NX on a map

Last Updated

Last updated:

Share your feedback on this page

Please provide feedback on our website. Try to include any constructive suggestions for improvements and we will do our best to incorporate them.

Skip back to top of page