- Disabled visitors and carers are admitted at concessionary
- Regrettably there is no step-free, or
wheelchair access to any part of the house.
- There are two flights of internal steps. The
lower part of the staircase does not have a handrail.
- Guide and assistance-dogs are permitted in
- The lighting levels are low throughout the
house, for conservation reasons.
- Two parking spaces are available for Disabled
Blue Badge holders near the house.
- Detailed access information about the house
can also be found on the
- Prams and pushchairs are not permitted in the
museum to protect the delicate interiors. They can be left in the
Reception or Lobby.
If you would like more help planning your visit
please see our Museum
Visitors Risk Assessment [PDF] (file size 65.2Kb)
or contact us for more information.
- There is a small shop selling books
and Museum merchandise.
- Male and female toilets. Regrettably
there is no disabled toilet.
- We do not have a cloakroom, but bags, coats
and umbrellas may be left at reception (please keep your valuables
with you). Please note that
- large bags and rucksacks are
not permitted and must be left at reception.
- There is limited seating in the historic
house but portable folding stools and benches in the
studio are available.
- There is no designated car parking for the
museum. Limited metered car parking in Holland Park Road and
surrounding streets is available.
- Self-guided groups are welcome, but please
contact us in advance so we can help you plan your
- Private and school guided
group tours are available. Please visit the Education and
Learning section for more details.
- A general introductory guide to the house is available in the
following languages; French, German, Spanish, Arabic and
- Staff are also very happy to answer any questions you may
Families and Children
- Entry is free for under 18s.
- Family trails are available from the front
- Activities for families are planned
throughout the year. Details can be found on our Family Fun section
- Visitors should note that pushchairs and
prams must be left at reception, as the floors in the house
are very delicate.
- There are no baby changing facilities on site
but some are located by the café in Holland Park, which is a short