Mini recycling centres
You can recycle a wide range of things at our mini recycling centres which are located around the borough:
Mixed recycling banks
Mixed recycling banks accept:
- paper and card
- glass bottles and jars
- tins and cans
- plastic bottles
- pots, tubs and trays
- food and drink cartons
Before you recycle:
- wash and squash what you can
- keep plastic lids on plastic bottles and cartons
- remove metal lids from glass bottles and jars and put loose with your recycling
- make sure there is no food mixed in with the recycling
Clothes banks accept:
- all unwanted clothes, textiles and old rags
- some clothes banks also accept shoes - the bank will be clearly marked if it does
Tie pairs of shoes together before you put them in the bank.
Some shoe banks will also accept clothes - the bank will be clearly marked if it does.
You can deposit small waste electronic and electrical equipment (WEEE) in some mini recycling centres including:
- mobile phones
- kettles and toasters
The following mini recycling centres have WEEE banks:
Royal Hospital Road (between Franklin's Row and Ormonde Gate) SW3
Holland Park car park, (Abbotsbury Road entrance) W14
King’s Road (outside Co-Op) SW10
Fulham Road (junction with Hortensia Road) SW10
You can't deposit larger items such as big televisions, fridges or freezers.
Read more about recycling small and large WEEE.
The Cremorne Wharf Civic Amenity and Recycling Centre, and Silchester Road mini recycling centre have closed to the public permanently.
There are alternative sites for rubbish and recycling materials at: