- Grenfell Early Years Consultation
- Grenfell Early Years Consultation - Challenges
- Grenfell Early Years Consultation - A community asset
- Grenfell Early Years Consultation - An inspirational nursery
- Grenfell Early Years Consultation - The Ilys Booker Centre
- Grenfell Early Years Consultation - The site
- Grenfell Early Years Consultation - Design
- Grenfell Early Years Consultation - Questions and Answers
- Grenfell Early Years Consultation - Next steps
- Grenfell Early Years Consultation - responses to the feedback
A new home for Grenfell Early Years
This is a step towards improving Lancaster West and we believe it is important for all residents to steer the process at each stage.
Why are we consulting with you?
We want to update residents on the plans for Grenfell nursery to be permanently located at the Ilys Booker Centre. The drop-in service had to leave the North Kensington Resource Centre in March and there is opportunity for the drop-in to be located within the area. This follows the allocation of funding by the Royal Borough of Kensington and Chelsea (RBKC) to rebuild Grenfell nursery.
About Grenfell Early Years Service
Grenfell Early Years Service is the provider of nursery and drop-in services formerly located at the base of Grenfell Tower and the Ilys Booker Centre (Lower Clarendon Walk) respectively. The nursery provides childcare for more than 30 local families who rely on this service so they can continue to work and/or study. The staff team are all local residents and have worked with many families from the estate over the years.
Grenfell Early Years Service are part of the umbrella organisation Lancaster West Children’s Community Network (LWCCN) who have operated on the estate for over 30 years.
Who have we spoken to?
During the summer 2019 consultation took place with the estate community about the possibility of the nursery relocating permanently to the North Kensington Resource Centre site.
The consultation was productive and there was strong agreement that there were benefits to the local community if a nursery resource remained on the estate. It was also agreed that there were sensitivities around redeveloping the North Kensington Resource Centre.
We have responded to your concerns by looking at alternative locations for the nursery. Following a number of feasibility studies to explore the potential of different sites to accommodate a new nursery building, the nursery preferred to stay permanently at the Ilys Booker Centre.