- Ilys Booker Drop-in Consultation
- Ilys Booker Drop-in Consultation - Challenges
- Ilys Booker Drop-in Consultation – A community asset
- Ilys Booker Drop-in Consultation - Improved services and benefits
- Ilys Booker Drop-in Consultation – Finding a permanent home
- Ilys Booker Drop-in Consultation – The site
- Ilys Booker Drop-in Consultation – Design
- Ilys Booker Drop-in Consultation – Questions and Answers
- Ilys Booker Drop-in Consultation – Next steps
- Ilys Booker Drop-in Consultation - Give us your feedback
A new home for Ilys Booker Drop-in
This is a step towards improving Lancaster West and we believe it is important for all residents to be involved at each stage.
Why are we consulting with you?
We want to update residents on the proposals for the Ilys Booker drop-in service to find a permanent home on Lancaster West estate. The drop-in service had to leave the North Kensington Resource Centre in March and there is an opportunity for the drop-in to be permanently relocated on the estate. This follows the allocation of funding by the Royal Borough of Kensington and Chelsea (RBKC) to rehouse the Ilys Booker Drop-in service.
About Grenfell Early Years Service
Grenfell Early Years Service is the provider of nursery and drop-in services formerly located at the base of Grenfell Tower and the Ilys Booker Centre (Lower Clarendon Walk) respectively. The drop-in provides childcare for many local families who rely on this service so they can continue to work or study. The staff team are all local residents and have worked with many families from the estate over the years.
Grenfell Early Years Service is part of the umbrella organisation Lancaster West Children’s Community Network (LWCCN) who has operated on the estate for over 30 years.
Who have we spoken to?
During the summer of 2020 consultation took place with the estate community on the nursery relocating permanently to the Ilys Booker Centre. The consultation also informed about the need for the drop-in service to find a permanent home on the estate located near to the nursery if this were possible.
We promised to carry out further consultation during autumn 2020 to discuss the emerging proposals for the drop-in service. This follows feasibility studies to assess different locations as a permanent home for the drop-in service.