Starting secondary school
Primary to secondary transfer
If your child will be in Year 6 of primary school from September 2021, you will be starting the process of applying for a secondary school to start from September 2022.
The closing date for applications is 31 October 2021.
In order for you to be fully informed of the applications process, and how to find out more about the schools you may be interested in applying to, a handy Hints and tips leaflet is available. A detailed online brochure will be available from early September.
This leaflet answers the most frequently asked questions and includes:
- all the visiting dates and open evenings for Kensington and Chelsea secondary schools
- dates for ability banding tests which some schools run
Starting Secondary School brochure
This brochure includes:
- the process of applying for schools and what happens after
- oversubscription criteria for all Kensington and Chelsea secondary schools
- how places were offered in the previous year
- useful information to assist in the transition from primary to secondary school
If you need a paper application form or further guidance, contact the Admissions Team on:
- 020 7745 6432 / 6433 (9am to 2pm Monday to Friday)
Admissions and access to Education Service: privacy notice