Starting secondary school
Primary to secondary transfer
All applicants will receive the outcome of their application via email. If you have been offered a school you must accept or decline your offer within 2 weeks.
Waiting lists and appeals
If your child was not offered their first preference school, they will be retained on the waiting list for any schools listed higher than the one they were offered. Waiting list positions for the following schools will be available from 29 March from the Admissions Team:
- All Saints Catholic College
- Chelsea Academy
- Holland Park School
- Kensington Aldridge Academy
For other schools you are advised to contact the school directly, or the borough in which they are located, for further advice about the waiting list process.
There is a right to an independent appeal for any school that has been unable to offer a place. Please visit Schools admission appeals for more information about this process. Appeals will be held from May to July.
The eAdmissions website is open until the middle of August for late applications. If you require a paper form, please contact the Admissions Team using the details at the bottom of this page.
This leaflet answers the most frequently asked questions and includes:
- all the visiting dates and open evenings for Kensington and Chelsea secondary schools
- dates for ability banding tests which some schools run
Starting Secondary School brochure
This brochure includes:
- the process of applying for schools and what happens after
- oversubscription criteria for all Kensington and Chelsea secondary schools
- how places were offered in the previous year
- useful information to assist in the transition from primary to secondary school
If you need a paper application form or further guidance, contact the Admissions Team on:
- 020 7745 6432 / 6433 (9am to 2pm Monday to Friday)
- [email protected]
Admissions and access to Education Service: privacy notice
Last updated: 2 March 2023