- Armed Forces Support Services
- Regular Forces Employment Agency (RFEA)
- Soldier On!
- Soldiers Sailors Airmens and Families Association (SSAFA)
- The Officers’ Association
- The Royal British Legion (Chelsea and Kensington Branch)
- Combat Stress
- Veterans Aid
- Guaranteed Interview Scheme for Armed Forces Veterans
Many people leaving the armed forces find it difficult to transition to civilian life, especially finding secure and lasting employment. The guaranteed interview scheme for veterans means they will get a chance to demonstrate their strengths beyond the initial application stage.
The guaranteed interview scheme aims to:
- Help veterans overcome barriers to finding civilian employment
- Reduce the risk of health and welfare problems as a result of long-term unemployment
- Redress the balance for veterans’ re-employment prospects by giving them the chance to improve their transition back into civilian life
- Complement the re-employment support provided to veterans by the Ministry of Defence
- Help the council benefit from the transferrable skills and qualities of veterans
Veterans will not be guaranteed job – that will still go to the best candidate based on objective criteria in the job specification – but there is a guaranteed interview for any veteran whose application meets the minimum criteria for the post.
To apply for a job under the Veterans’ Guaranteed Interview Scheme, visit the recruitment website and make the declaration when requested in the online application.