Council Tax Services aim to provide a high level of service whilst ensuring efficient collection rates and maintaining value for money to the Royal Borough of Kensington and Chelsea at minimum cost to all residents. This is achieved by our commitment to continuous improvement.
- ensure that all our customers are treated fairly and that every assistance is given to those in genuine need, whilst safeguarding the interests of residents by maintaining high collection rates
- be clear about the services which can be provided
- fully investigate all complaints and where necessary take action to ensure that any identified problem does not occur again
- be open to suggestions which may improve the quality of the service
We aim to:
- deal with 80 per cent of all correspondence (including emails) within ten working days
- offer four convenient payment dates (7, 15, 21, and 28 of the month) for people paying by Direct Debit
- increase the number of residents paying by Direct Debit to save money and postage spent on payment slips and reminders
- send 90 per cent of refunds within ten working days of receiving a refund claim form and offer the convenience of having refunds transferred to a bank or building society account
- collect at least 96 per cent of council tax due within the financial year to pay for services and reduce resources used to recover outstanding amounts
If you have any comments about our service, or would like to make a suggestion for improvement, please write to the Council Tax Services Quality Manager, PO Box 10413, The Town Hall, Hornton Street, London, W8 7WT.