Air quality FAQs
Air pollution can harm your health and the environment. On the following pages you can find out the answers to the following questions:
- What is the air quality like today?
- How do we know what air quality is like in this borough? Find out more about our monitoring network.
- What are the main sources of air pollution in the borough and their associated health effects?
- How can I find out about air pollution from industrial processes (or Part B processes) e.g. petrol stations.
- How can I find out about what air quality is like indoors, are there any sources of pollution there?
- Is air pollution associated with asthma?
- What is the Council doing to improve air quality?
- What can you do to reduce air pollution and reduce your own exposure to it?
- Where can I find your latest review and assessment report?
- What do developers and builders need to know about air quality when submitting a planning application?
- Am I in a smoke control area and what can I burn in my fireplace?
- for complaints regarding issues such as smoke, bonfires and dust, please contact the Noise and Nuisance Team.