Volunteer with us
The Ecology Service offers the opportunity to get active outdoors, learn new skills and meet new people, or simply enjoy the natural delights of Kensington and Chelsea. Below are our current opportunities:
Taskforce for Nature
Help us carry out practical conservation work in Holland Park through conservation workdays every third Saturday of the month. Hundreds of hours of volunteer work have been given to improve our wildlife areas. Tasks range from meadow cutting, building dead-hedges, pond maintenance, building stag beetle loggeries, woodland management, and more. The improvements link in with the priorities identified in the Biodiversity Action Plan.
If you are looking to get closer to nature, meet new people, learn new skills, help your CV, or just get your hands dirty then why not join Holland Park Conservation Volunteers? No specialist skills are needed - just your enthusiasm and time.
- Our day begins at 10.30 am and finishes at 3 pm.
- We meet outside the Holland Park Ecology Centre
- You can come for all or part of the session.
- Refreshments are provided in the form of hot drinks and biscuits
- If you let us know you are attending, we’ll provide you with additional phone numbers to call to find out where we are (in case you miss the meeting point).
- Refreshments, gloves, tools, and instructions are provided.
- Wear sturdy shoes and old clothes - you might get dirty!
- Bring waterproofs and lunch.
Dates for conservation workdays in 2023 are:
- 21 January
- 18 February
- 18 March
- 15 April
- 20 May
- 17 June
- 15 July
- 19 August
- 16 September
- 21 October
- 18 November
- 16 December
For more information please contact the Ecology Team on 020 7938 8186 or email [email protected]
Ecology Centre volunteers
The Ecology Centre runs a busy programme of environmental education, Forest School, and other events, and we often work with volunteers and work experience students to help us deliver our activities all year round. Most of our work is during weekdays in term time, but we also welcome volunteers to help deliver our holiday activity programmes during the Easter and Summer breaks.
If you’re interested in a work experience placement or would like to volunteer with the Education and Engagement team, please email [email protected].
Last updated: 21 December 2022