Noise and nuisance

Construction sitesAs of 1 October 2016 all new developments are subject to the Royal Borough’s Code of Construction Practice on minimising noise, vibration and dust. 

Earls Court RedevelopmentResidents will be aware of the redevelopment of the Earls Court site. It is unavoidable that the demolition and construction work will affect local residents. However, the Council wishes to ensure that the impact from the development is minimised as much as possible.

If you are disturbed by noise, vibration, dust, or light associated with the site please contact our service on 020 7361 3002 and quote reference 165767. Officers can then investigate your complaint.  

You can also contact the site directly on 0330 333 1510 where your questions can be answered and any urgent issues can be immediately escalated to their on site team.

BuskingThere is a new joint working partnership between the Council and the Police, to abate antisocial behaviour from buskers. Council officers will be using Community Protection Notices (CPN) to enforce against buskers that cause anti-social behaviour (ASB).

Read more about Busking.

Resolve a problem with noise or nuisanceThere are steps you can take to stop disturbance from noise and nuisance. The Council can take action if you need us to.

View more information on resolving a problem with noise or nuisance.

Common noise complaintsFind out about common sources of noise disturbance and how they can be dealt with.

View more information on Common noise complaints.

The lawResidents have a legal right to be protected against statutory noise nuisance. A statutory nuisance is 'an unlawful interference with a person’s use or enjoyment of land or some right over, or in connection with it'.

Find out more information on the laws on noise and nuisance and how statutory nuisance is defined.

How to avoid causing a nuisanceSteps you can take to prevent common sources of disturbance from causing a nuisance.

Find out more information on how to avoid causing a nuisance.

Advice for buildersSee information and advice on noise and vibration and guidance on best practice and legislation

Find out more advice for builders.