Based on current Government advice on Covid-19, we are not currently taking birthday party bookings until further notice. Please contact us for more details.
The Holland Park Ecology Centre offers a range of fun-filled nature themed birthday parties that will be sure to provide an enjoyable and stress-free experience for all. Led by a member of the Ecology Education team, the majority of the party will take place in the Wildlife Area where the children can take part in activities such as den building, minibeast hunting and natural craft. This will be followed by party food and the option of handling some of the creatures we have in the centre. We have several pre-designed party themes you can choose from, and we are happy to discuss bespoke activities experienced during Forest School.
- our parties are suitable for children from four to 12 years
- the maximum number of children is 20
- parties are held in the Holland Park Ecology Centre and our outdoor wildlife area within Holland Park
- birthday parties at the Ecology Centre last for two hours, which includes exclusive use of the centre, a led outdoor activity and time for food and cake
- food and catering are not provided (these must be provided by you)
- you will be allocated an additional half an hour either side of the party for set-up and clear-up
The birthday party package includes an hour-long activity in the wildlife area led by Ecology Centre staff, and a chance to meet the Centre’s animals.
Make your child’s birthday party as sustainable as possible. We can provide reusable plastic plates, cups, forks, knives and spoons. Think carefully about food waste and excess packaging.
Fees and charges
April 2020 - March 2021
These charges have been set and agreed by the Cabinet member for Environment and Communities in March 2020:
- weekday party (centre hire and environmental activity led by Ecology Staff) – up to 2 hours, plus half an hour each side for preparation/clean up: £380
- weekend party (centre hire and environmental activity led by Ecology Staff) – up to 2 hours, plus 1 hour each side for preparation/clean up: £525
Full payment by credit card is required in advance to secure your booking. Once the payment has been received, we will send you an email confirming your booking.
In the event of a cancellation by the hirer, the council will refund 75% of the booking fee, provided that notice of cancellation is given two working days prior to the booking.
Birthday party guidance and risk assessment
Holland Park Ecology Centre conditions of hiring
1. All applications for hire of the Ecology Centre for a birthday party must be made on the appropriate booking form, signed and returned to the Ecology Service.
2. Booking forms must be returned, andpayment made in full, except for bookings by an organisation or company which are to be invoiced by prior arrangement. The booking is confirmed once payment has been received.
3. The hirer may under no circumstances sub-hire the centre to a third party.
4. The Council reserves theright to refuse any application for hire or to cancel or terminate any hiring if there is any omission from, or misstatement in the application form, or if the premises are being used for any purpose for which they have not been approved.
5. In the event of a cancellation by the hirer, the Council will refund 75% of the booking fee, provided that notice of cancellation is given two working days prior to the booking.
6. The Council reserves the right at its sole discretion to cancel any hiring if any circumstances arise which render it necessary. In such cases the council will refund to the hirer any charges paid. In such circumstances the Council shall not in any way be liable to the hirer for any direct, indirect or consequential loss or damage including, any loss of business, profits revenue, savings or goodwill in each case whether arising from negligence, breach of these hiring conditions or otherwise.
7. A nominated representative of the hirer shall be present throughout the hiring.
8. For health and safety reasons the numbers attending functions at the Ecology Centre are limited to:
- 40 persons standing for a buffet or similar function
- 30 persons seated (in rows) for a meeting or similar
- 25 persons seated at tables
9. The hirer may have access to the Ecology Centre only for the times specified on the booking form.
10. The hirer must make every effort to ensure that disturbance to other park users is kept to a minimum.
11. Nothing shall be done in the premises that is in contravention of the law.
12. The hirer promises to leave the Ecology Centre in the condition in which itwas found.The hirer shall make no fixtures or fittings to any part of the Ecology Centre.
13. The Council reserves the right of entry to the Ecology Centre at all times by the Head of Leisure and his authorised representatives.
14. The Council reserves the right at all times to refuse any person the right of admission to the premises.
15. The Hirer shall comply with any instructions or conditions which the Head of Leisure, or officers of the Council acting on his behalf, may find necessary to impose in the public interest.
16. The Hirer agrees to pay the Council on demand the cost of making good any damage caused to the building or any damage or loss of any goods, chattels, apparatus or appliances belonging to the Council or any person or persons during the period arising in connection with the hiring howsoever caused.
17. Under no circumstances will the Council make good or accept responsibility or liability in respect of any loss, theft or damage of or to any goods or property of the hirer or of any other person left, deposited or brought into the premises or any part thereof, or deposited with any officer or servant of the Council, and the hirer must indemnify and hold the Council harmless in respect thereof.
18. The hirer shall indemnify the Council and its officers and servants against accidents, expenses, claims, damages, penalties and demands arising out of or in any way connected with the hiring or sustained by any other person by reason thereof.
19. The hiring may be terminated by the Council without notice and without compensation if the hirer causes or permits any breach of these conditions of hiring or any additional requirements contained in the Councils the confirmation letter which, for the avoidance of doubt, forms part of these hire terms.You must sign and return a copy of the booking form with your prepayment indicating your acceptance of these terms and conditions.