Temporary accommodation payments

Use this online form to pay your rent for temporary accommodation.

Your 'T' reference (e.g. 'T' reference: T1234567). This can be found in the letter or email we sent to you.To pay your rent online you will need:

  • The postcode of the temporary accommodation that links to the 'T' reference you use.
  • Your email address
  • A credit or debit card. We accept Mastercard, Visa and Maestro credit and debit cards.

If you do not have your 'T' reference or you are not sure of the postcode, please call us on 020 7361 3986 and we will be able to help you.

When you're ready to make a payment click or tap the start button.


Alternative ways to pay your rent for temporary accommodation

If you do not want to pay online, there are five alternative ways you can pay your rent.

Standing order

A standing order is another convenient way to pay regular bills such as your rent. You instruct your bank to pay a regular amount to the Council. Your bank will automatically credit the Council’s bank account with the amount you state at regular intervals (for example, every week, fortnightly, four weekly or every month). Please contact the Income Team if you are unsure of your weekly charge.

A standing order has many advantages such as:
- no worries about forgetting to pay
- no wiring in queues
- no writing or posting of cheques or postal orders
- no need to carry large anounts of cash

Important information
You must quote your 'T' reference number for the account you are paying.

You should allow extra days for your payment to go through the bank clearing system and you will need to change the amount of your standing order each time your rental charge changes.

Always ensure that there is enough money in your account for standing order payments. Most banks charge if a payment is not made because you do not have enough money in your account.

It is a condition of your temporary accommodation that you pay your charges regularly on a weekly basis.

In person

In person at the Town Hall (based by the back entrance to the Town Hall on Holland Street).

By Cheque

Cheques should be sent to Cashiers, The Royal Borough of Kensington and Chelsea, Town Hall, Hornton Street, London, W8 7NX and should be made payable to The Royal Borough of Kensington and Chelsea.

By phone

By phone using a credit card or bank card. The number for Payment Line is 020 7361 3986.

Payzone outlets

You can pay at many Payzone outlets using your unique barcode. All post offices and some shops have Payzone facilities.

To ensure that the payment reaches your account please quote your “T” reference number.