Housing Management complaints and feedback

Housing Management complaints and feedback

The Royal Borough of Kensington and Chelsea (RBKC or 'the Council') is committed to providing a high quality service to all our customers at all times. We recognise, however, that there are times when services do not meet our high standards, and customers are inconvenienced as a result. 

Where a complaint is justified, an apology will normally be deemed sufficient to correct any inconvenience caused. However, the Council understands that where a complainant has suffered loss or injustice, other remedial action may also need to be considered, including financial compensation. Section 92 of the Local Government Act 2000 gives Councils the power to remedy injustice arising from poor service. Our Housing Management Compensation and Redress Policy sets out how this power will be administered by RBKC.

The Housing Management Complaints Policy explains how to make a complaint, the issues covered under this policy and how we deal with complaints about housing management services. 

Read the Housing Ombudsman Complaint Handling Code - Self Assessment.

For complaints or comments you may have about Housing Management services please use the Complaints and feedback form.

You can also make a complaint or comment:

  • by emailing us as [email protected]
  • telephoning us on 0800 137 111 or 020 3617 7080
  • writing to us at Housing Management, 292a Kensal Road, London W10 5BE

Problems and complaints

If you have a problem at your accommodation, you should speak to the manager there or contact the managing agent.

If your complaint is regarding conditions at the property and you feel that the manager has not resolved the problem satisfactorily, you can contact the Council's Environmental Services Department for advice.

If you have a complaint about noise you can contact the Noise and Nuisance Team for advice.

The Temporary Accommodation Liaison Officer may only be contacted if you feel that the temporary accommodation agents or environmental health team have not resolved the complaint satisfactorily.

The Temporary Accommodation Liaison Officer can also put you in touch with other services such as social work support and holds regular surgeries in the Borough's hotels and at the Town Hall.

The Homeless Social Work Team can give practical help and advice for people placed into temporary accommodation by the Council. If you do not already have a social worker and you have children, a disability or other special needs you can make an appointment.

Prior to the implementation of this policy there was a 3 stage internal process. Any complaints open as of 1 April 2021 without a stage one decision will be managed through the new 2 stage process.

Any open complaints that already have a stage one decision will have the choice as to whether they would like to go through the former 3 stage or the new 2 stage process.

Last updated: 9 February 2023