Report antisocial behaviour to Housing Management

Report antisocial behaviour

If you would like to report antisocial behaviour can you use our online form to contact Housing Management.

We aim to contact you within five working days with advice on what will happen next.

The information you provide will only be used for the investigation of your report and for no other purposes. All information will be treated in confidence.


If you are reporting an urgent issue that needs our immediate attention or you need assistance completing the form, please contact us via our Customer Service Centre on 0800 137 111 or 020 3617 7080.

Other ways to report antisocial behaviour

If your postcode begins with W2, W10 or W11 (apart from Lancaster West Estate) your home falls within the north of the borough. Please email us at or call 0800 137 111.

If your postcode begins with SW3, SW5, SW6, SW10, W8 or W14, your home falls within the south of the borough. Please email us at or call 0800 137 111.

For residents living on the Lancaster West Estate, Bramley House and Treadgold House Please email us at or call 07710 053431 or 07710 053437.

Tackling antisocial behaviour in our homes and estates

Antisocial behaviour can make life unpleasant for our residents and can lead to an increase in serious crime as well as making our residents fearful in their own communities.

You have a right to feel safe in your own home and everyone deserves to have good neighbours. We are encouraging all our residents to be tolerant of people's lifestyles and be conscious of how your own behaviour can affect your neighbours.

Everybody needs good neighbours is a new leaflet which outlines how we can tackle antisocial behaviour together to make a real difference. 


What is antisocial behaviour?

Antisocial behaviour can be anything from:

  • harassment and intimidation, including racial harassment
  • drugs and substance use
  • noisy building works
  • loud parties
  • animal/pet nuisance
  • neighbour disputes
  • vandalism and graffiti
  • antisocial groups of young people
  • fly tipping and littering
  • physical assault and violent behaviour.
How we handle antisocial behaviour reports

We will investigate your complaint confidentially and will only contact the person you are complaining about, or other agencies such as the police, with your consent. Before taking action we'll agree this with you. You have told us that even if this action takes some time you want to be kept up to date. So, your case will be regularly reviewed and we'll update you at key stages.

Each case will be assessed individually and we will write a personalised support plan for those experiencing/reporting antisocial behaviour.

For those residents who would like to take legal action, we will work with you and support you every step of the way including if you have to appear in court.

What measures can we take?

The Council together with the police and its partners are committed to tackling antisocial behaviour through early prevention and enforcement. We do rely on you to report matters to us and if you do, we will take tough and swift action.

There are a number of measures available to us:

  • mediation
  • interviewing tenants, when needed, with police
  • issuing warning letters or acceptable behaviour agreements
  • issuing Civil Injunctions
  • temporarily placing noise recording equipment in your home to determine noise nature and levels

We can also take the following legal action in serious cases of antisocial behaviour:

  • serving Noise Abatement Notices
  • seeking possession for breaching a Noise Abatement Notice
  • issuing Civil Injunctions issuing Community Protection Notices (CPN). CPNs deal with unreasonable, persistent, or continuing conduct by anyone aged 16 or over, or by a business or organisation, that negatively affects the community’s quality of life.  This could include noise, graffiti, litter, or dog nuisance.
  • issuing Criminal Behaviour Orders (CBOs). CBOs can be used to tackle persistent antisocial behaviour by people involved in criminal activity.
  • obtaining a warrant from the magistrates to seize and remove all noise making equipment
  • starting possession proceedings
  • Premises Closure Order in partnership with the Police
  • eviction – this would happen as an end result of possession proceedings
Community trigger

The community trigger, introduced by the Anti-Social Behaviour, Crime and Policing Act 2014, gives victims the right to request a review of their case and bring agencies together to take a joined up, problem-solving approach to try and resolve matters.

Visit the community trigger webpage for more information. 

Free mediation service for Council tenants

Some issues between neighbours could be resolved by mediation.

Mediation is a free service offered by the Council to our tenants which helps two parties resolve their differences. For example, issues caused by clashes in lifestyle, use of shared spaces, parking disputes, or loud noise from music, children or pets.

We offer the help of an impartial, trained mediator to work with you to try to reach a solution that suits everyone involved.

What should I expect?

Once you have contacted the Neighbourhood Management Team, a mediator will organise an introductory meeting with you and the other party. They will listen to what as happened and what both parties would like as a resolution.

These meetings are confidential and are usually held at a neutral venue.

Any agreements reached are written up and returned to the parties involved. It normally takes two meetings to find a resolution but can take more depending on the individual.

Who do I contact?

Please contact the Neighbourhood Management Team on 0800 137 111 or email

Antisocial Behaviour Policy

The Neighbourhood Management Antisocial Behaviour Policy outlines our approach to addressing antisocial behaviour affecting or caused by tenants, leaseholders and freeholders in Council properties and estates. 


Last updated: 9 September 2020