Interested in working for the Royal Borough?
- Find out more about working for the Council including current vacancies, job search, job alerts, teaching vacancies and social work vacancies.
Job opportunities and volunteering
Register with Universal job matching service, the new Jobcentre Job Matching service to look for work.
Volunteer Centre Kensington and Chelsea can help you to find volunteering opportunities and provide you with support during your placement.
Visit the Team Kensington and Chelsea web pages to find out more about volunteering opportunities in the borough, including opportunities with the Council.
Kensington and Chelsea residents can email HousingandEmployment@rbkc.gov.uk for information on courses, training and general support on jobs or phone 020 7361 2070. You can also sign up to receive emails with information on job opportunities.
Training and skills development
Find out more about the range of organisations in the borough that provide work-based training and support to help you prepare to return to work or retrain.
Find services that can help you to find work in the Council's Jobs and Training Guide.
- Our libraries offer great resources for jobseekers including computer access and a number of online resources, with a wide range of courses to choose from.
- National Careers Service – book an appointment to see a National Careers Service Employment and Skills Adviser.
- The Families and Communities Employment Service (FACES) offers one-to-one support to help you into work, training or education.
- Some local organisations in the borough offer support around training and employment.
- learnmyway.com is a website of free online courses for beginners, helping you to develop digital skills. There are also online courses to help with job hunting.
Interested in starting your own business or social enterprise?
- Find the help and information you need to get your business started in the Business and enterprise section of our website.
- Find organisations providing advice, funding and investment for social enterprises.
Support for young people
- National Apprenticeship Service: find out more about apprenticeships and current vacancies.
- Prince's Trust helps young people aged 11 to 30 to get into education or training or find a job.
- KCcentral the Council's website for young people includes information and advice on careers, jobs, apprenticeships and also activities for young people.
- There is an extensive programme of adult education classes and classes where the whole family can learn together in Kensington and Chelsea. See adult and family learning.
- Kensington and Chelsea College offers over 900 courses.
- Our libraries offer support to help you to continue your learning as well as careers advice.
Advice and benefits
- Information and advice from the Royal Borough's Benefits service, including details of the Government's programme of welfare reform which could affect you if you claim benefits.
- You can use our online Benefits Calculator to check that you are not missing out on benefits you could be entitled to.
- Find benefits information and useful advice on GOV.UK.
- Contact Kensington Citizen's Advice Bureau or Chelsea Citizen's Advice Bureau
- Nucleus Legal Advice Centre and North Kensington Law Centre provide free legal advice and assistance in the Royal Borough.
- If you need advice on debt or managing finances there are a range of organisations that can help you.
- Credit unions are not-for-profit financial co-operatives. They may be able to offer savings accounts and affordable loans. Contact London Plus Credit Union
If you are a parent looking for work or concerned about juggling work or training with parental responsibilities, support is available.
- The Council's Family Information Service web pages have information on early years, play, child care, financial support and other family support services.
- Children’s centres in the Royal Borough offer a range of services including crèche facilities; drop-in sessions, and post/pre-natal support. They can also help with training or finding a job.
- Find out about the wide range of child care available in the Royal Borough.