Job opportunities and volunteering
- Universal job matching service
Register with the new Jobcentre Job Matching service to look for work.
- The Guardian Jobs
- The Times Jobs
- The Telegraph Jobs
- Volunteer Centre Kensington and Chelsea can help you to find volunteering opportunities and provide you with support during your placement.
Interested in working for the Royal Borough?
- Find out more about working for the Council
- Current vacancies
- Sign up for job alerts
- Teaching vacancies
- Social work vacancies
Interested in starting your own business or social enterprise?
- Find the help and information you need to get your business started.
- Find organisations providing advice, funding and investment for social enterprises.
Training and skills development
Find out more about the range of organisations in the borough that provide work-based training and support to help you prepare to return to work or retrain.
- Find services that can help you to find work in the Council's Jobs and Training Guide [PDF] (file size 1.25Mb)
- Our libraries offer great resources for jobseekers including computer access
- National Careers Service – book an appointment to see a National Careers Service Employment and Skills Adviser
- Some local organisations in the borough offer support around training and employment
- There is an extensive programme of adult education classes and classes where the whole family can learn together in Kensington and Chelsea.
- Kensington and Chelsea College offers over 900 courses.
- Our libraries offer support to help you to continue your learning as well as careers advice
Support for young people
- National Apprenticeship Service: find out more about apprenticeships and current vacancies.
- KCcentral the Council's website for young people includes information and advice on careers, jobs, apprenticeships and activities.
- The Council's Jobs & Training Guide [PDF] (file size 1.25Mb) lists a wide range of services to help you find work, training and advice.
Advice and benefits
- Information and advice from the Royal Borough's Benefits service, including details of the Government's programme of welfare reform which could affect you if you claim benefits.
- Find benefits information and useful advice on GOV.UK
- Contact your local Citizen's Advice Bureau
Kensington Citizen's Advice Bureau
Chelsea Citizen's Advice Bureau
- Contact your local Law Centre: Nucleus
If you are a parent looking for work or concerned about juggling work or training with parental responsibilities, support is available.
- The Council's Family Information Service web pages have information on early years, play, child care, financial support and other family support services.
- Children’s centres in the Royal Borough offer a range of services including crèche facilities; drop-in sessions, and post/pre-natal support. They can also help with training or finding a job.
- Find out about the wide range of child care available in the Royal Borough.