The Council has published a draft Housing Strategy which sets out our vision and key priorities in Housing over the next four years.
The strategy covers our plans to deliver new homes, our work with Council tenants and leaseholders to improve housing management services and our work with residents who are homeless or in housing need.
This is a cross-Council strategy for the whole Council to deliver in partnership with our residents and our partners
The strategy sets out six key priorities:
- supporting Grenfell survivors
- improving the safety, quality and security of housing
- increasing the supply of genuinely affordable homes
- putting residents at the heart of Housing services
- supporting vulnerable residents
- tackling and preventing homelessness
You can read the full strategy below.
We want to hear residents’ views on the strategy so that we can develop a final version, to be published in the autumn.
Alongside the final version, we will publish a detailed action plan which sets out exactly what we will do in each of the areas listed above.