Sing to Live, Live to Sing is an exciting new singing for health programme in Kensington and Chelsea, initiated by the Council's Arts Service in partnership with Public Health.
Did you know singing can help to improve breathing, relieve stress, develop core muscles and improve posture, as well as boosting confidence, encouraging a feeling of belonging, and improving overall mood?
Take part in the Sing to Live, Live to Sing group singing workshops, have fun and meet people. Workshops are normally free, and open to all residents aged 18 years and over. No previous singing experience is necessary. Participants will be invited to take part in a short health questionnaire during the workshop series.
Take part in Sing to Live, Live to Sing
Workshops take place weekly during term time, in twelve week blocks as set out below:
- Summer Term: week commencing 24 April to 10 July 2017
- Autumn/ Winter Term: week commencing 4 September to 20 November 2017
- New Year Term: week commencing 8 January to 26 March 2018
Additional sessions at the end of term may be added if the group wishes to work towards a performance.
You can join the programme at any time during the term. To register to take part contact your nearest venue or email firstname.lastname@example.org for a registration form.
Contact your nearest venue for details and to register to take part, or email email@example.com for a registration form.
- Fridays 2pm-4pm - workshop is on as scheduled
- Venue: Venture Centre, 103a Wornington Road W10 5YB
- Contact: The Venture Centre on 020 8960 3234 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Hosted by the Venture Centre
- Tuesdays 7pm-9pm Fridays 10am-12pm - workshop is on as scheduled
- Venue: Chelsea Theatre, 7 World’s End Place, King’s Road, London SW10 0DR
- Contact: Barbara Ofori-Boateng, 020 7352 1967 or email@example.com
- Hosted by Chelsea Theatre and World’s End and Cremorne Community Champions.
Dalgarno Community Centre
- Mondays 2pm-4pm Thursdays 5pm-7pm – workshops cancelled this week (19 and 22 June), continuing as scheduled next week
- Venue: Dalgarno Community Centre, 1 Webb Close, Dalgarno Way, London W10 5QB
- Contact: Marie Mulcahy, 020 8969 6300 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Hosted by Dalgarno Community Centre and Dalgarno Community Champions
Latymer Community Church (at 240 Project)
- Mondays 2pm - 4pm - workshop is on as scheduled
- Venue: Latymer Community Church (upstairs), 116 Bramley Road, London W10 6SU
- Contact: 240 Project, 020 7221 7530 or email@example.com
- Hosted by 240 Project, drop-in centre for the vulnerable and excluded.
Response Community Projects
- Wednesdays 12.15pm-2.15pm - workshop is on as scheduled
- Venue: Response Community Projects, 300 Old Brompton Road, London SW5 9JF
- Contact: Linda Ogbuehi, 020 7370 4606 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Hosted by Response Community Projects
St Cuthbert’s Church
- Tuesdays 7pm-9pm - workshop is on as scheduled
- Venue: St Cuthbert's Church, 50 Philbeach Gardens, London SW5 9EB
- Contact: Jennifer Wood in the Arts Service, 020 7361 4378 or email@example.com
- Hosted by St Cuthbert’s Church, this group focuses on repertoire to stretch those with some previous singing experience.
Sing to Live, Live to Sing groups enjoy performing to the public at both smaller community and large-scale events. If you would like to invite Sing to Live, Live to Sing to perform at your event or venue, please contact Jennifer Wood in the Aerts Service on the contact details below.
Watch short films showing Sing to Live, Live to Sing in action
This short film introduces the Sing to Live, Live to Sing programme and shares experiences from residents taking part. The film was shot during a performance at the V&A in December 2015.
This short film features singers performing together at Age UK’s Health Fair at Kensington Town Hall in October 2015, and features stories from participants about the health and wellbeing benefits they have experienced.
This short film was commissioned by Chelsea Theatre, and features their Sing to Live, Live to Sing groups performing at a community health and wellbeing event, with invited audience taking part in an interactive Sing to Live, Live to Sing workshop.
Sing to Live, Live to Sing is a joint initiative from the Royal Borough of Kensington and Chelsea Arts Service and Public Health. We gratefully acknowledge the support of the host venues who provide their space in kind for Sing to Live, Live to Sing groups.
For general information about the programme contact Jennifer Wood in the Arts Service on 020 7361 3844 or via email Jennifer.Wood@rbkc.gov.uk
Health monitoring and evaluation of the programme
An important part of the Sing to Live, Live to Sing programme is the evaluation of the health and wellbeing outcomes for residents. Download a summary evaluation of the pilot project: