Library services for children and young people
It's easy for children and young people to join the library. There's no minimum age and you don’t have to live in the borough.
All our libraries offer a good selection of children's books.
We offer a wide range of services to children including:
- Activities and events for young people
- Online eResources for children
- Online English and maths lessons
Need to print school related activities for your children? We have free printing available from the children’s computers in our libraries.
Please speak to library staff for more information.
Bookstart gives free books to every child in England and Wales at two key stages before school, as well as free packs for children with additional needs, tips and guidance on reading together, resources and activities.
To receive your Bookstart pack, email [email protected] and mark it FAO Children’s Officer.
Our services for young people aged between 12 and 15 include:
- Young People's Zone at Chelsea library and the young adult libraries at Kensington Central and North Kensington libraries
- a great selection of popular authors and series, and you can borrow any book from the adult lending libraries
- study guides for Key Stage 3 and 4 and GCSE
- no fines on late returns
- reduced loan fees for CDs, DVDs and language course
- online eResources
- eBooks, eMagazines, eNewspapers, eAudiobooks and eComics
- online English and maths lessons
Last updated: 26 September 2022