Home Library Service
Who the service is for
If you find it difficult to get to your local library you may be able to apply to use the Home Library Service and have monthly visits at home.
You are eligible to apply if you live in the borough and are a:
- person with disabilities
- older or elderly person who finds getting about difficult
You can also apply on a temporary basis if you live in the borough and are:
- recovering from an accident and are temporarily immobile
- looking after someone which makes leaving the house difficult
- finding it difficult during the winter months to get out and about
You can borrow:
- any books from our lending library collections including large print
- talking books
You can also make information requests including reference and information enquiries.
A free service
If you are a Home Library Service member you don't pay to borrow music or talking books. You won't have to pay fines for any overdue items.
How to apply
You can apply in person or someone can apply on your behalf. To get started:
- call 020 7361 3010
- or email email@example.com
You'll need to tell us:
- your name
- your address and contact phone number - if you are applying on behalf of someone else we would also like your name and contact details
- your reason for applying
- whether you are you applying for a temporary or permanent service
- your library membership number if known
You will receive an initial fact-finding visit from one of our staff to find out your reading tastes.
Once you are a member we'll visit you every four weeks. We'll arrange a regular day and time with you during your application.
You can borrow items for four weeks or renew them when we visit.