We are launching a series of community conversations across North Kensington so you can tell us what matters most to you and how we can work together to create opportunities for a better future.
In July the Council’s Leadership Team, which is made up of nine councillors and takes most of the Council’s biggest financial, policy and service decisions, agreed the ‘Draft Recovery Strategy – Commitments to those affected by the Grenfell tragedy’:
The commitments seek to continue to build on the existing conversations the Council and its partners have had with residents affected by the tragedy about how we support their longer term recovery. This includes discussions with residents’ associations, faith groups and youth groups.
Through the pre-engagement work we have identified six broad themes which you have told us are important to you:
- Health and Wellbeing
- Jobs and Skills
- Place and Spaces
- Young Lives
We know you have already given us lots of ideas and we are working on them. However we would love to hear more as we know thing are always changing.
We are arranging a number of community conversations across North Kensington so you can tell us what’s important to you for a longer term recovery.
We are holding drop-in sessions where you can find out more and tell us what you think. We will also be on hand for anyone who prefers to have their say via our website but needs help to do so.
Drop-in sessions for residents
- Tuesday 9 October, 4pm to 7pm at the Tabernacle, Powis Square, W11 2AY
- Wednesday 17 October, 10am to 3pm at Everyone Active, Westway Sports and Fitness Centre, 1 Crowthorne Road, W10 6RP
- Thursday 18 October, 12pm to 4pm at Kensington Leisure Centre, Silchester Road, W10 6EX
- Saturday 20 October, 12pm to 3pm at Everyone Active, Westway Sports and Fitness Centre, 1 Crowthorne Road, W10 6RP
- Tuesday 23 October, 6pm to 8pm at Henry Dickens Community Centre, 104 St Ann's Road, W11 4BU
- Wednesday 24 October, 4.30pm to 7pm at Everyone Active, Westway Sports and Fitness Centre, 1 Crowthorne Road, W10 6RP
- Saturday 27 October, 12pm to 3pm on Portobello Green
- Saturday 27 October, 4pm 6pm, Everyone Active, Westway Sports and Fitness Centre, 1 Crowthorne Road, W10 6RP
Local organisations, groups and residents’ associations are also holding workshop sessions with their own members.
Taking your ideas forward
We will be collating feedback from all of the conversations and from our website.
On Saturday 17 November from 10.30am to 4.30pm we will be holding an Ideas Day at Kensington Leisure Centre, Silchester Road, W10 6EX where you will be able to take a look at the feedback, check that your views have been accurately captured and have a further chance to have your say.
We will then pull everything together into a plan, setting out what you’ve told us, and the steps we all need to take to improve the lives of the residents of North Kensington.
Please go to the website to give us your views at: strongercommunities.rbkc.gov.uk