More than 100 people had their say in a recent consultation looking at how we could improve emotional health and wellbeing support for adults in North Kensington who have been affected by Grenfell.
Kensington and Chelsea Council has been working with some brilliant grassroots providers under the ‘Together 4 Grenfell’ umbrella to deliver services for adults in the North Kensington community.
With three years of the Grenfell Recovery Programme remaining, we wanted to work with the community to gather feedback to help us shape the next phase of support. We have been working with the current Together 4 Grenfell providers to develop service proposals and have been speaking to our health and community and voluntary partners to support this and to help us plan for new services.
The consultation which ran from 1 February to 26 March 2021 resulted in 97 survey responses and 37 stakeholders attending three focus groups.
You can read the consultation findings on our consultation portal but here is a snap shot of what we heard and how we intend to act on your feedback.
What you told us:
- 77% currently using local services to support their emotional health and wellbeing needs
- 92% currently using Together 4 Grenfell services said they were very good or good
- 89% using Together 4 Grenfell Services told us their emotional health and wellbeing had significantly improved or slightly improved
Where we could improve:
- 69% felt emotional health and wellbeing support for young adults was an area of need
- 66% felt support groups were needed
- 57% felt support for elders to tackle social isolation and loneliness was a gap
As a result of the feedback, Leadership Team will be asked to agree a series of recommendations later this month (May) based on residents’ feedback. We will be looking at an enhanced counselling and wellbeing service for adults and we will be offering additional therapy to over 50s to help tackle isolation.
We are also developing a peer support programme for adults in the local community to launch in summer 2021.
We will be working with residents and partners to increase the reach of all initiatives wherever we can so that we can reach as many local people as possible through these initiatives.
If you would like to find out more about the current emotional health and wellbeing services on offer for adults. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org.