Help and support with flooding damage

Published: Thursday 22 July 2021

Updated at 10.15am

Housing support

Council tenants and those in temporary accommodation

Following the floods on Monday 12 July we have been contacting all Council housing tenants and those residents in temporary accommodation to offer them support. All affected tenants who required accommodation were helped from their homes into safe accommodation.

Our housing management service has been dispatching roofers, plumbers, drainage teams, electricians and caretakers to any Council homes in need of emergency repairs.

We are continuing to make welfare calls to residents. The Council’s Covid-19 Hub is offering support collecting food and medicines for people in need.

If you are in Council temporary accommodation and need further housing support with your current home, please call 020 7361 3000. If you are a Council tenant or leaseholder, call 0800 137 111 email [email protected] or [email protected]

You can also contact the COVID-19 Hub which is open Monday to Friday between 9am and 6pm on 020 7361 4326 or email [email protected] for wider support including if you need help with collecting medicines and other supplies.

Housing Association tenants should contact their landlord. Details appear later on this page.

Private residents

If you have suffered sewer flooding (from the toilets/sinks) please contact Thames Water at [email protected] or call 0800 316 9800 who can assist.

If you have suffered flood damage to your property or contents you should contact your insurance company directly to make a claim and seek advice from them to mitigate against further damage.

If you need further advice how to make contact or approach your insurer’s, please email [email protected] with your contact details and provide a brief summary of the enquiry and a member of the team will call you.

Housing Association tenants

If you are a tenant living in a housing association property, please contact them directly on one of the following numbers and they will offer advice and support:

  • A2Dominion: 0800 432 0077
  • Anchor Housing: 0800 731 2020
  • Catalyst: 0300 456 2099
  • Clarion: 0300 500 8000
  • Guinness: 0303 123 1890
  • Housing for Women: (H4W) 020 7501 6120
  • Network: 0300 373 3000
  • Notting Hill Genesis (NHHG): 020 3815 0000 / [email protected]
  • Octavia: 020 8354 5500
  • Optivo: 0800 121 60 60
  • Peabody Housing: 0300 1233456 and 0800 022 4040
  • Shepherds Bush: 0800 9170839
  • Southern: 0300 303 1061
  • Westway: 020 8964 2323
  • Women’s Pioneer: 020 8749 7112

Damaged items

Please call Streetline on 020 7361 3001 if you need any domestic items collecting which have been damaged as a result of flooding.

More information on flooding can be found on the flooding page on our website.

Business support

Support for businesses affected by flooding

Following severe weather conditions which led to flooding across London and in Kensington and Chelsea, support is available for local businesses whose premises are affected. 

Businesses in Council owned buildings

Businesses who are tenants or leaseholders of Council-owned commercial property are being contacted by Council officers, who are attending on site as quickly as possible to help with the clean-up of the premises. Officers are also working with commercial tenants to give advice and guidance, including on how to contact the Council’s insurers to make a claim. The Council will also support on contacting insurers directly to process claims. 

If you are a Council commercial tenant in need of support and you haven’t heard from us already, please contact [email protected]

Leaseholders, property owners and private business tenants

Commercial property owners, private tenants or leaseholders in premises not owned by the Council should contact the property manager or landlord and contact insurance providers as soon as possible if their business has been affected. The Council is on hand to provide advice to businesses on a range of issues, including on how to secure assistance from insurers or contacting their waste management provider.

Any business in the borough may be eligible to apply for business rates relief if their operations have been significantly affected or halted. You can find out more about the Council’s Hardship Relief scheme online but businesses are advised this is a longer-term support measure and will not be allocated immediately, with applications being assessed on a case-by-case basis. Claiming against your insurance is the quickest and most immediate means of receiving financial support. 

If you are a local business not in Council-owned premises and need advice on general matters, please email [email protected]. For specific insurance or clean up issues, please see the direct contacts below.

Useful contacts for support 

For any insurance queries, please contact [email protected]. Alternatively you can call direct to Beverly Mills on 07929823081 or Ray Chitty on 07739315565.

If you have any business waste collection issues or flood damaged items, to discuss what support may be available you can contact the Council’s Streetline service on 020 7361 3001.

For advice on health and safety and/or pest issues, such as verification of unfit food for insurance purposes, unsanitary working conditions, or pest treatments, please contact the Food Safety, Health & Safety and Pest Control Teams at [email protected] or on 0207 361 3002.

Keep up to date with the latest news and updates for businesses with our dedicated newsletter Business Matters.

Affected services

Children's Library at North Kensington Library will remain closed.

This page is being regularly updated.