Free cycle training
We offer free cycling training to all adults who live, work or study in the borough. Attending a session can help:
- boost your confidence
- improve your awareness
- make you safer on the road
The training sessions are:
- free to attend
- two hours long
- carried out on a one-to-one basis
- run by highly experienced instructors
- suitable for all levels of experience
Free Online Cycle Skills Course
TfL offers a free online Cycle Skills course provides easy to follow tips and advice to get you going whether you're new or want to improve. There are four short modules to try, and if you complete all four modules, you’ll receive a unique 15% discount code so you can save on Halfords own-brand cycle lights, locks, and helmets.
- Tips to get you and your cycle prepared for the road
- How to start cycling on the road safely and responsibly
- Tips to brush up on your cycling skills
- How to cycle in a group with children or adults
Book a training session
You can book your place online.
Cyclist instructor training for schools
We also offer cyclist instructor training to staff in schools.
Once you have your own fully qualified cyclist instructors, you can organise your own cycling training at your school or make it part of the curriculum.
To find out more contact email@example.com.
If you want to learn how to maintain your own bicycle and make minor repairs, come to one of our free bicycle maintenance classes.
Find out more about bike maintenance.