Important information about your privacy and how we process your information.
Purpose for processing your information
The provision of administrative and statutory services including:
- the administration and enforcement of parking regulations and restrictions
- the administration of paid for parking bay suspensions
- the collection of permit and resident permit information for parking and transport policy purposes
- the processing of data to establish whether residents who park in residents parking bays live in the vicinity of the bay when doing occupancy surveys
- sharing information with other Council services in order to contact Residents relating to other Council related issues
Information that is collected
We collect the following information:
- Vehicle Registration Mark (VRM)
- Personal name and addresses
- Business name and addresses
- Telephone numbers
- Email addresses
- Date of birth
- Any other relevant information provided in conjunction with appealing a Penalty Charge Notice, ordering a suspension or skip licence or applying for a Parking Permit
Your personal information is only used for a specified purpose(s) but if we intend to use it for any other new purposes we will normally ask you first. For instance, in some cases, the Council may wish to use your information for another purpose such as related to improving and developing services, or to prevent or detect fraud. In any event our processing will always have a demonstrable lawful basis. Where practicable and reasonable we will always seek to inform you of any significant proposed changes to how we process or intend to process your personal data, in order to ensure full transparency over how we handle your information
How we collect your information
We collect information:
- in a number of ways, for example, by letter, email, face-to-face, telephone and online forms
- provided by external bodies such as the Driver and Vehicle Licensing Agency (DVLA)
- from third parties such as hire and leasing vehicle companies and businesses
Who the information is shared with
- Royal Borough of Kensington and Chelsea: Customer Services officers
- Royal Borough of Kensington and Chelsea: Council Tax
- Royal Borough of Kensington and Chelsea: Transport and Highways Policy Team
- London Borough of Hammersmith & Fulham Parking Services officers
- RR Donnelley (Scanning and Payment Processing contractor)
- Conduent Parking Enforcement Solutions Ltd (Parking Services PCN and Permit System providers)
- Capita Intelligent Communications (Printing Fulfilment contractors)
- Marston Holdings (Enforcement Agents)
- Equita Limited (Enforcement Agents)
- London Tribunals
- Traffic Enforcement Centre, Northampton County Court
- NSL Limited (On Street Parking Enforcement and Car Pound Management contractor)
- European Parking Collection (Overseas Enforcement Agent contractor)
How long do we keep your information?
We will only keep your information for as long as is required by law and to provide you with the necessary services in line with our stated retention policy. In general information related to:
The issuance of Penalty Charge Notices may be kept for up to 6 years in order to pursue debt under the Traffic Management Act 2008 and related legislation.
Parking Permit and Suspensions information is held as long as is required to provide an effective service to the customer.
Your rights and access to your information
You have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you.
The new Data Protection Act 2018 also gives you additional rights that refer to how the Council holds and uses your information.
Consequently, under certain circumstances, by law you have the right to:
- withdraw consent and the right to object and restrict further processing of your data; however, this may affect service delivery to you.
- request to have your data deleted where there is no compelling reason for its continued processing and provided that there are no legitimate grounds for retaining it.
- request your data to be rectified if it is inaccurate or incomplete
- have your data transferred or copied should you move to another authority
- not be subject to automated decision-making including profiling
Find out how to submit a Subject Access Request.
Please visit our web pages for further details on how the Council complies with the new Data Protection Act 2018.
If you have any concerns
Please contact us if you would like to know more about the information we hold about you and how we use it on 020 7361 4380.
You have a right to complain to us if you think we have not complied with our obligation for handling your personal information; please visit the Parking, transport and streets webpage.
If you are not satisfied with the Council’s response you have a right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO). You can report a concern by visiting the ICO website.
Changes in your circumstances
You must notify us immediately if there are any changes in your circumstances and personal details so we can maintain an accurate and up to date record of your information